Followers

You Can follow Floppy Latte's Digital Designs Here Too!

Available to Sponsor your Challenge Blog!

If you would like Floppy Latte Designs to sponsor your challenge blog, please email me at floppylattedesigns@gmail.com!


***ATTENTION***

***ATTENTION***

All coupons offered on this blog for Floppy Latte's Digital Designs must be redeemed at www.floppylattedesigns.com/catalog unless otherwise stated specifically in the posts. Thank you so much for visiting Floppy Latte's Digital Designs!

Saturday, January 15, 2011

First Handcrafted Card - Feathers In My Cap Card for My Mother



Hi all.  It has been a pretty miserable time here for the last month and a half.  Internet has been spotty at best, cold, snow, frozen pipes, and other trials!  But, I was able to find a few moments to myself last night, and crafted this card for my  mother.  However, I think it was more for me, to quiet my racing mind.  It is my very first attempt at a truly handcrafted card. 


I used Ribbon from Offray, my little bling is from a bargin bag from Michaels , paper by The Paper Company, Ivory Elegant Leaf On, feathery yarn from an unnamed roll I got from Big Lots, the frame and Image  - Feather in my cap Silhouette from Floppy Latte Designs, cut on my cutting machine from my digital stamp file.  My silhouettes are available at www.stitchybearstamps.com/shop  Under Artists > Floppy Latte Designs, or under Silhouettes.    I know the photo is  not great, but I have to work out all the kinks in taking pictures of cards.  Hope you like.  My mom will be recieving this card sometime this coming week. 

Thanks for stopping by,

Pin It!

16 comments:

  1. oh wow huni, that is beautiful :)...done real good, crap I knew you had a blog but looks like I never been here, guess I need to follow you huh DUH...hope you are doing well :)..

    good lil elf :)
    stitch
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yer love this
    You have done really well Wanna come on the team lol Love the cameo effect

    Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Jess. Our thoughts are with you. Your first handcrafted card is awesome,

    Big Hugs, Marjo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really lovely Jess - you would never guess it was a first! Cheers Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, Jess! I love the elegance.

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jess. Holly smoks, it's gorgeous. Who alse can do better your own image then you. I like the ribbon.
    Hugs Nat

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always find simple ends up being very elegant. This is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the framed silhouette Jess, this has worked beautifully.
    luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card Jess! Very elegant. Especially being your first handmade card, job well perfected!!! Big hugs to you my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hiya Jess,

    What a fab card hunny, Can't believe this is your first card - you should see my first attempts ha ha

    Sorry you have so many problems hunny & hope it all gets sorted soon!

    Take care
    Big Hugs
    Casper
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning creation, so classy and gorgeous. Hard to believe it's your first card. I just purchased some of your silhouettes and will post soon, they're beautiful images. Wishing you smooth days ahead. You're in my thoughts and good wishes
    Debs
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's beautiful Jess, the feathers and bling are perfect! Here's to many more handcrafted creations and hope things start to pick up pretty soon.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful! She looks very poised and confident.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy! Thanks for your comments!