Followers

You Can follow Floppy Latte's Digital Designs Here Too!

Available to Sponsor your Challenge Blog!

If you would like Floppy Latte Designs to sponsor your challenge blog, please email me at floppylattedesigns@gmail.com!


***ATTENTION***

***ATTENTION***

All coupons offered on this blog for Floppy Latte's Digital Designs must be redeemed at www.floppylattedesigns.com/catalog unless otherwise stated specifically in the posts. Thank you so much for visiting Floppy Latte's Digital Designs!

Sunday, February 27, 2011

A new technique for me and the resulting card.

Hi Everyone, and Happy Sunday!  Just wanted to post up my latest creation!  Im not sure what I am going to use this card for, but I love it!  After a long day of working and running around, I sat down at the computer with my good friend Casper and she taught me a fantastic new technique.  Now, I happen to love colored pencils, but just never seem to have the extra cash to afford the really really nice ones that I see used all over blogland.  Well, Ms. Casper helped me out.  She showed me how to use my **cheap** colored pencils(RoseArt, ones I got for my son) and blend them with, Baby Oil.  I must say, I now think this is the only technique I will be using for a while!  I loved the simplicity, (after I got my jar set up correct! )  It gives a lovely watercolor effect without all the mess!  I will let you be the judge!  Here is my card. 

Recipe:
Basic Grey Euphoria Paper - for the side strip
Basic Grey Green Grass (My idea of what this paper should be named) - for the green die cut leaves, cut on my cutting machine.
Colored Pencils - Rose Art Brand
Baby Oil - for blending - Many thanks to Casper for teaching me this wonderful technique!
Dark Green Stamp Pad for distressing - Michael's - presently where I am headed to do some needed shopping! - Got my coupon and Im ready to rock!
Embellies - EK Success Kay and Co.
Please feel free to critique me!  I need all the help I can get! ****Big Grin!***

Entering this card in the following challenges:
IncyWincy Designs # 83 - Spring is in the Air
TotallyPaperCrafts #55 -Paper Piecing
Dream Valley Challenges - Challenge 1 - Anythng Goes
CES Challenges  Crafty Emma - Flowers and Flutterbys
Crazy For Challenges - C4C76 - Flowers
Fairy Knoll Challenges - Feeling a little green
Guylous Inimitability - Anything Goes



Have a great day!
Pin It!

12 comments:

  1. Gorgalicious Jess!!

    You know what this means don't you....I will be tagging you as a GDT for sure...lol I am not kidding either :)

    Bunches of Hugs, Marjo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now we have an extra hands for DT. Woo-Hoo!!! What a gorgeous card, and you coloured it beautifly.
    Hugs Nat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hiya Jess Hunny,

    Hee hee, who's a clever student?

    YOU - thanks for the "APPLE FOR THE TEACHER" (my wee mention) awww you sweet ;)

    The offers flooding in for DT work already?

    SOOOOOO FABULOUS hunny - great work - you ACED it !

    Take care
    Big Hugs
    Casper
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jess, I followed your link from Outlaw Women. This is incredibly beautiful.

    Jeanette

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card - coloured perfectly - I've been wanting to try this technoque for a while - you aced it x
    I love the image too x
    Thanks for joining in with us at paper crafting journey for our anything goes challenge - don't forget to pop back to see who won and check out our new challenge on Thursday x
    ((hugs)) Suzie xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning! Love the image! thanks for joining us at Incy Wincy Designs this week for our 'spring' challenge, good luck and hope to see you again next week!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh pretty,thank you for joining our flowers and flutterbys challenge at CES.
    Hugs Kaylou xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. O wow this is stunning Jessica, I must try this technique you mentioned.. I got some cheap coloured pencils too he he :) and thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a stunning creation, amazing. Thanks for playing along at Crafty Sentiments designs this week.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is beautiful!! Fab flower and fab colours!! Thanks for sharing it with us at CES challenges this week, Juliex

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jess this is stunning!!! I'd like you to teach me that technique hehe! IT looks absolutely beautiful

    Thanks so much for joining us at Dream Valley for our first challenge xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. This card is sooooo beautiful. I can see why this technique will be yours for a while. You really made it so alive and beautiful! Thanks for joining us this week at Totally papercrafts challenge. Hope to see you back again next week!
    Hugs Marion

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy! Thanks for your comments!