Followers

You Can follow Floppy Latte's Digital Designs Here Too!

Available to Sponsor your Challenge Blog!

If you would like Floppy Latte Designs to sponsor your challenge blog, please email me at floppylattedesigns@gmail.com!


***ATTENTION***

***ATTENTION***

All coupons offered on this blog for Floppy Latte's Digital Designs must be redeemed at www.floppylattedesigns.com/catalog unless otherwise stated specifically in the posts. Thank you so much for visiting Floppy Latte's Digital Designs!

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year!



Happy New Year!

Well, it is officially 2013, and boy was 2012 a year!  Good and Bad, Up and Down, but overall, I guess I came out pretty good.  New Job for Mark, New Job for Me, Eddie is getting adjusted well, and I guess I could not ask for much more!

With this being a new year and all, and after much deliberation, thought, hand wringing, whining to Stef, and general hair pulling on my part, I have made a few executive decisions concerning Floppy Latte's Digital Designs.

Now, Just bear with me whilst I get this all out, and I am sure you will understand it all in the end.

First things First:    MANIC MONDAY - Manic Monday will now be the 1st Monday of the Month (yep, it could fall on the 2nd through the 8th day of the month) but it will ONLY be the first monday of the month.   The Manic Monday Freebie will ONLY be available for three (3) days.  That should be long enough for all the time zones to have a chance to grab it.  You will not be required to use a coupon for Manic Monday, so that if you have other coupons, you will be able to use those in addition to any reward points that you may have.

     REASONS:  I really like Manic Monday, I really do.  But this past year I have lost tons of extra 
     revenue on it due to double and triple dipping on the Pick Your Own Freebie Weeks.  I have
     basically given away the store more than once.   I do so much appreciate every one that has
     purchased from the shop.  This is a main source of income for me, along with my new job.  This is 
     not something I do just to be doing it.  So, I am changing Manic Monday in hopes that my losses 
     will be curbed somewhat.  I still want to be able to give you niceties once in a while, as long as it
     does not cause me to have to shut the store down.

Next Up:  REWARD POINTS -  Now a lot of you have reward points in the shop.  Don't forget about them!  They are a great way to save up for free digital images and papers.  All you have to do is log into the shop and there they are on the left hand side!

Third - BIRTHDAY CLUB - Yes, it is staying and December's and January's will all go out on the 10th of January.  

Fourth - SIMPLY SENTIMENTS POST - Stef and I will still be adding Sentiments to the shop.   But with my new Job, I simply wont have the extra time to make the post on time as it should be.  We will however add them to the new releases that are shown each week.  Monday for me, and Wednesday for Stef.  

Fifth - Anonymous Comments -   No longer will you be able to post Anon comments.  I am getting tons of spam and this is where it is from, so if you want to leave a little comment, you must be signed in to a service that will allow you to comment.  I do have comment moderation turned on at the moment, but that will be turned off now that I am disabling the Anon Comments.

Sixth - Concerning licenses and the images that I choose to use - I possess commercial licenses to rework any image on my site.  Please Please, if you have a question about where I got an image from, please check the page where the image is located in the shop, also check my commercial credits page in the shop and on the blog, and that should about cover any questions.  If you are still concerned, please please email me at admin@floppylattedesigns.com.    I do not, nor will I ever steal an image.  I pay my license fees and keep current on them.

Now that all of that mess is out of the way, I can get on to the getting on of why I do what I do!  Im in a flower mood again, yes, again.  And I have some darling Mehndi designs that I have reworked, and cleaned up.  These are NOT my original designs.   They are beautiful though!  And some of these are making it to my new Home Depot Apron as soon as I can find some cute paint pens or a big ole pack of sharpies in lots of colors!  (Yep the Home Depot encourages Apron decorating!)  Gotta love them!

Soo,  Here is a sampling of what I am loading into the shop as I type this!  Im working on a few things for Valentines day so that will be forth coming as well, and since Im stuck in flower mode, more of those too!

Here we go!










All of these can be found under New Products, which is located on the Left Sidebar, or you can pop over to the flower/floral category and see them there.   Oh, Ill be adding more this week, this is just the first round.

Now, Manic Monday will be taking place on Monday, January 7th!  So make sure you check back then to grab your freebie.  NOTE:  The freebie will be picked by Random.Org from all of the images/papers on my store site (not including NEW RELEASES).  I will post the winning image on the 7th as well as get it in the store for you for free for three days!

Wednesday Stef will be by for you, I do believe, with a few new releases!

TIP OF THE DAY
FOR CROCHETERS/KNITTERS

I did a lot of crocheting and knitting for the holidays!  Scarves, beanies, bags and what nots! I usually put my skein of yarn in a plastic bag, and tie it up to keep it all nice and neat and clean.  NOTE:  Little snoochie dogs love to play with plastic bags that move across the floor when you pull a bit of yarn out of them....Yarn destroyed, 4 - Snoochie Dog Happy 4, Mama Mad - YES LOL.

So, I decided to take a two liter bottle, a coffee container and a tea container that I got for Christmas and make Yarn holders out of them.  Yep, clean them out well, get all the gunk and smell out. (Soak for a few days was the ticket for me).  For the two liter bottle.  Cut the top off right after the curve so that you can fit the yarn down in the bottle, thread your yarn through the bottle top, and put the top back on!  Neat and easy and keeps your yarn clean, snoochie hair free, and tangle free as well.  I did the same procedure, sort of on my Coffee Can, except that I cut a hole in the lid and then smoothed it over, cause sharp plastic will cut through yarn.  And the tea container, as soon as I get done with the modge podge covering, will get done the same way!  Just a handy little tip to help keep those yarns looking great and knot free!

As I get more and more into the groove of having a Regular Job, my drawing, Eddie, and managing my free time, (when Mark is off working) I want to get more  into the crafting side of all of my work.  I love to color my drawings, and Now I want to start making things with them!  So, feel free to slide me any tips, tricks or helpful hints you feel I need. (Yes, I need them all, you have no idea how I work here LOL).

Well, I do hope that the New Year Starts off wonderfully for all of you and I hope that all of those resolutions that were made, at least last the week.......That is the bet in my house LOL!

Happy 2013 from the Floppy Latte's Digital Design Crew!



Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Jessica and the rest of the gang at Floppy Latte's. I wish you all a happy, healthy, and prosperous 2013!

    I am so happy to hear that you managed to find a job Jess, that Mark is doing well in his and that Eddie is adjusting. The store/blog changes are certainly understandable given the circumstances and I really appreciate you laying it all out in black and white (well black anyways). It helps me to plan out my weeks too and know when to pop by. Good luck with everything. Oh and the new images look great.

    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy for you Lisa - the world is really spinning in your direction! I personally am looking forward to the new way of doing things - I wish you the sweetest luck as well! Happy 2013!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy! Thanks for your comments!